Welcome to Wilson Law Partners LLP – a professional law firm with a community feel. From time to time we will be posting opportunities for fantastic people to join our team. If working with a team of supportive professionals in a community setting, without the hassle of fighting traffic to and from work, is of interest to you, please consider visiting this page from time to time to see if there is something of interest to you. We look forward to hearing from you!
Corporate Lawyer – 2+ Years
Posted – June 5, 2019
We are expanding and planning for the future of our firm and, as such, we are looking for a lawyer with at least 2 years’ experience in Corporate Law to join our team. This is a tremendous opportunity for someone who wishes to grow into and eventually take over an extensive existing corporate practice. Accordingly, this should not be viewed as a stepping stone but rather a unique long-term career opportunity.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong communication and drafting skills
- Excellent work ethic
- Background and training in Corporate Law (additional expertise in Residential Real Estate Law would be considered an asset)
- Commitment to providing exceptional client service
- Experience working as a key member of a team
- An interest in and history of community involvement
- Membership in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario.
If you are interested in becoming a key member of our team, please email your resume, transcript (if available) and cover letter in confidence to Andrew Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Experienced Residential Real Estate Clerk
Posted – June 5, 2019
Wilson Law Partners LLP is seeking a Real Estate Law Clerk who has several years of experience in Real Estate law.
The ideal individual will love to work in Residential Real Estate, enjoy assisting clients and supporting lawyers and their practices, be an efficient worker and have strong attention to detail. This is a great opportunity for an individual who is looking for a long-term and stable career with like-minded people. Compensation will be commensurate with level of experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Providing support to two Real Estate Lawyers
- Completing Residential Real Estate transactions from beginning to end
- Managing purchase, sale and refinancing files
- Coordinating the receipt of closing documents and funds, registration of documents and reporting which includes invoicing
- Preparing correspondence based on written or verbal instructions and liaising with other lawyers, financial institutions, brokers, lenders, government and other
- Keeping in regular communication with clients by telephone and through email
- Assisting with other responsibilities as needed
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 4+ recent years of experience in Residential Real Estate
- Strong communication skills in English; oral and written
- Experience with Teraview, Conveyancer and PCLaw
- Legal Assistant/Law Clerk diploma/certificate is considered an asset.
Hours: Monday – Friday from 9 am – 5 pm
If you are interested in joining our team, please email your resume and cover letter in confidence to Michelle Perry at email@example.com